9 Sept 2011

Winter Scarves and Snoods


Scarves always confuse me. Scarf? Scarfs? Scarves? It all sounds wrong. That's why snood is so perfect. It rolls off the tongue. Snoodddd. It's onomatopoeic. Like a cuddly snood on the sofa. A snood and a snooze. A snood in the park. A snood on a park bench.

I've been browsing and actively hoping for bad weather so I can get buying. The boyfriend offered me a scarf yesterday but I panicked- too much choice- a purchase can't be made without proper research!

The first is from Accessorize and is so cute! Called The 'New Heart and Check' - I love it. It makes me want to put on wellies and mittens and run into puddles.
This crazy number is a 'dinky snood' from the same shop. A bit like a balaclava without the privacy, this funny beast will keep all your extremities (except your snout) nice and warm.

These two snoods are from USC and are more of a nod to fashion that a take on warmth. These do look very pretty, but I can't help feeling that they are better indoors that out!


Is it wrong to love something just because it has a wonderful name?

Elaine @ morethanakeyword

No comments: