15 Feb 2012

Review- Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lipgloss

Are you the kind of person who can't find a lipstick that doesn't make your lips feel like an 80 year old's after a few hours? The type of person who doesn't want an oil slick of lip gloss for your hair to latch onto in the wind? You are? Turns out you are me.

Congrats. (Or apologies.)
Anyway, I have this conundrum everytime I peruse the beauty counters.

The lipstick theory perpetrated by magazines is that there is a lipstick to suit everyone. Gwen Stefani won't leave the house without a slick of red. (It's always a slick.)

However, lipstick feels a bit overdone if all you do is sit in an office and code, write blogs, or key in data. You want something that says 'I have done my make up, but I didn't wake up early to do it.'

I give you - the Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Gloss.

Matte lipgloss. Stay with me. This isn't a 1960's remake. It's a slight nod to the matte lips that go so well with dark eyes and twiggy style lashes, but relax, there's no 'touch of corpse' to these lips. (Looking at you, Nude wearing Claudia Winkleman.) You won't be repeating the shimmery lipstick errors you made in 1996.

They smell delicious. A bit like Fluff (Marshmallow in a jar, for the unacquainted.) They have long lasting colour pigments that stick to your lips. They don't go smooshing all over your boyfriend, glass, dog or your hand, after the inital 'Clean and press' on a tissue. They work well as a blusher/shin too - dab on the fingers, then on the cheek - not direct to the face. Plus, they look brilliant with big eyes (which nature gave me, one respite from the rest of the wonky fizzog I got.) Anything else?

Yes indeed - they are £2.99!

Brilliant.

Women - I send thee to Boots.


No comments: